This document tells you more about:
• The information we collect
• What we use the information for
• How your information is stored and how long we keep it
• What rights you have to the information
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
The information we collect may include:
• name and job title
• contact information including e-mail address
• occupation and company details
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
• other information relevant to the purchase of products and/or services including credit or debit card details
• Location details, such as IP addresses
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for processing/using personal data. The lawful bases for processing are set out in Article 6 of the GDPR.
Depending on the purpose, our use of your information will be legal due to one of the following:
• Informed consent given by you [Article 6(1)(a)]
• Performance of a contract [Article 6(1)(b)]
• To fulfil a legal obligation [Article 6(1)(c)]
• Legitimate interest in holding/processing your data [Article 6(1)(f)]
GDPR Sentry Limited may use the information it collects for the following reasons:
• internal record keeping and administration
• to improve its products and services
• to send information to you which it thinks may be of interest to you
• provide information relating to you or others if you indicate that you want to receive marketing material or similar communications
• provide aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage and help GDPR Sentry Limited develop their website and services. GDPR Sentry Limited may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual
• use the information to customise the Website according to your interests
• for the purpose of compliance with applicable laws and regulations
• to process payment for the purchase of products and/or services
If you have supplied contact details GDPR Sentry Limited may contact you by e-mail, phone, fax, or mail.
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected.
Personal data that is collected and stored by GDPR Sentry Limited may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (the EEA). Where this is the case, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards; binding corporate rules; standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission; compliance with an approved code of conduct approved by a supervisory authority (e.g. the Information Commissioner’s Office); certification under an approved certification mechanism (as provided for in the GDPR); or contractual clauses agreed and authorised by the competent supervisory authority, are in place.
GDPR Sentry Limited will only disclose your personal information to other people or organisations if we have:
• obtained your consent to do so,
• if those people or organisations are members of GDPR Sentry Limited or are providing a service to us,
• in exceptional circumstances where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above.
GDPR Sentry Limited is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies and IP addresses
On this Website GDPR Sentry Limited uses a tracker tool to identify measure and analyse information on visits to the Website. To that effect we use your IP address (a series of numbers that identifies a computer on the internet) to collect, among other things, internet traffic data and data regarding your browser type and computer. We will not use the data to identify you personally. Find out more about cookies we use here.
This Website may contain links that make it easy for users to visit other websites. If the user uses the links to leave the Website and visit a website operated by a third party, GDPR Sentry Limited does not have any control over that website. Accordingly, GDPR Sentry Limited cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which users have provided while visiting such websites. Users should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You can choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the box which you can click to say that you are happy for the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. If you have previously not objected to GDPR Sentry Limited using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by contacting us at:
GDPR Sentry Limited
Unit 434 Birch Park
Thorpe Arch Estate
GDPR Sentry Limited may also like to provide you with information by e-mail. However, GDPR Sentry Limited appreciate that e-mail “spam” has become a problem in recent years. If you are a client or you have previously asked GDPR Sentry Limited for information on our products or service, GDPR Sentry Limited may send you information on our range of products by e-mail, unless you have asked GDPR Sentry Limited not to do so.
If the reason you have given GDPR Sentry Limited personal information is to receive e-mail information from them, GDPR Sentry Limited, will continue to provide this information by e-mail unless you ask them not to do so.
Otherwise, when you provide GDPR Sentry Limited with personal information, you will be asked whether or not you are happy for GDPR Sentry Limited to send you this kind of information by e-mail.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing e-mails from GDPR Sentry Limited, please contact our Marketing team at:
GDPR Sentry Limited
Unit 434 Birch Park
Thorpe Arch Estate
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you may request details of personal information that GDPR Sentry Limited holds about you. If you want to make a request, please contact us at the above address.
Your rights to your personal data are as follows:
The right to be informed
If you ask us, we must tell you if we are collecting or using your personal data.
The right of access to your personal data
You have the right to view the personal data that we hold about you, to receive a copy of the data and to be given more information about the data including any transfer to countries who do not fall under the requirements of the GDPR.
To have access to your personal data we will need to collect details of what you want. You will also need to supply us with standard information to verify your identity, to allow us to fulfil your request.
You also have right to ask us to correct inaccurate personal data, to ask us to stop using it or to object to us using it. For some data you may have to right to ask us to erase it, or to provide it in an electronic format that you can give to someone else. For some personal data if we are subjecting it to automated decision making then you have the right to object to this as request that a person is involved.